April 2, 2010

Corsage Kitties...Ready For Spring!

Remember pinning those giant, lavish, ribbon-festooned corsages on Mom's shoulder for special occasions like Easter or Mother's Day in days gone by? I have very happy memories of visiting my brother's greenhouse filled with fragrant orchids, and picking out the perfect blooms and greenery to create a special corsage for Mom in springtimes long ago.

All of these happy memories came back to me as I was creating these little springtime brooches:

Introducing my "Corsage Kitties", handmade soft sculpture brooches to brighten your day. Just like Mom, each of these fanciful felines is ready for Spring in her tiny corsage of delicate silk flowers, hoping to adorn your sweater, jacket, hat or handbag on your next special occasion.


Each 3-inch-tall brooch is hand-crafted from eco-friendly cotton fabric printed with my whimsical artwork, then stuffed with bamboo fiberfill. Silk flowers and a sturdy clasp bar pin are hand-sewn onto the back.







The brooch is a purr-fect gift idea for your favorite Cat Mom, Feline Fanatic, or Veterinarian and will arrive in a jewelry gift box, ready for gift-giving!



I've just listed them for sale in my Etsy Shop! Click on an image for details. Thanks for visiting and...Enjoy!


3 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Oh, Susan, they're WONDERFUL!!!

xbxbear said...

Very cool... What do have for the Crazy Cat Man? =^..^=

Unknown said...

Crazy Cat Man: we certainly don't want to forget our Feline Fellas! Might I suggest a deluxe bookmark http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42499599 or a custom portrait (mini portraits start as low as $19.95!) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=44067306