July 5, 2009

Cat Lady No. 184...Garden Friendly

Green Thumb Cat Lady Nikki and Garden Cat PeeChee enjoy bees, birds and butterflies, so they are careful to keep their garden safe from pesticides.

According to the ASPCA Guide to Pet-Safe Gardening, "The most dangerous forms of pesticides include snail bait with metaldehyde, fly bait with methomyl, systemic insecticides with the ingredients disyston or disulfoton, mole or gopher bait with zinc phosphide and most forms of rat poisons. Always store pesticides in inaccessible areas—and read the manufacturer's label carefully for proper usage and storage."

Better yet, don't use these types of pesticides at all! According to The Organic Gardening Guru: "Less than 1% of the world's insects are considered pests. The other 99% play a pivotal role in our food chain and many are indispensable." He recommends Planet Natural products for earth-friendly pest control.

Thanks for visiting and Happy Pet-Friendly Gardening!

The original artwork for "Garden Cat No. 6" is for sale and has just been listed today in my Etsy online shop: Garden Cat ACEO

This brand new design can also be found on a variety of gifts and apparel for your favorite Garden Goddess, including garden totes, journals and aprons, at my Cafepress online gift shop:

This Garden Cat Journal is just the purr-fect thing for keeping track of all your Late Bloomers!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I have an award for you over at my Cat in the Clover blog.