August 8, 2011

The Secret Garden

Welcome ...
...to the secret garden. If you want to find it, it's tucked away in the hills next to the woods near the forest just a stone's throw away from the pond across from the creek. It involves a small greenhouse that the Mister and I built from a kit several summers ago so that we could grow some heat-loving lovelies in the cool of the Pacific Northwest . Take your sweater off and come on inside...



...where you will find four kinds of basil...


...and five kinds of peppers
and eight kinds of tomatoes...


...and bees are always welcome!


And...SURPRISE!
There's even a secret garden within the secret garden...


...where a garden fairy lives with her three cats. They enjoy afternoons sitting beneath the bright umbrella blossoms of petunias and butter-yellow nasturtiums...






...and there's one more little friend in the secret garden's secret garden.
He gets to stay only if he promises not to eat the nasturtiums.




Do you have a secret garden? I'm so in love with the idea that I just finished a new illustration called...what else..."Secret Garden"! Here's another little snippet of the painting. Can you find the little green garden beetle? I'll reveal the whole painting in my next blog post.

In the mean time, I think I've got a little watering to do.
..

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

CrafterGin said...

Seriously cute! You should write children's books. With plenty of illustrations!

Marilia said...

I love gardens!!! Your secret garden is so cute! Congratulations!