March 28, 2013

What's Cookin' -- Part 2

Last week I shared the black and white drawings for my new cat toys. 

artwork copyright 2013 Susan Faye. May not be reproduced without permission. Thanks!


The next step was my favorite part: 
 COLOR

Buttonwillow and Inka requested SNAZZY colors, so here is what I came up with:

artwork copyright 2013 Susan Faye. May not be reproduced without permission. Thanks!

How am I doing so far?" I asked my studio assistants.

"Not bad," said Buttonwillow.
"Snazzy!" said Inka.  "Pssst- does anyone know what snazzy means?"

 I sent the artwork to Spoonflower.com where they professionally printed my designs on one yard of durable cotton twill canvas, and here is what came back in the mail:


The anticipation is rising around here and so is the intoxicating scent of catnip as I take the bin of organic 'nip out of the closet and sit at my sewing machine. 


Next:  The prototypes!

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

jhitomi said...

Very snazzy colors. Reminds me of Peter Max prints.