November 17, 2011

Rainy Day Activities

My ACEO artwork of "Raindrops and Kitten No. 4" was first featured on 365 Cat Ladies on Nov. 6, 2009. It is the size of a baseball card and was painted on super-heavy Arches 300-lb.cold-press watercolor paper with professional quality watercolor paints. I initialed it on front, and signed, dated, and titled it on back.

It represents several of my favorite rainy day activities:
  • Painting watercolors (what else?!)
  • Walking in the rain with a pretty umbrella.
  • Snuggling with a warm and fluffy friend.
It's POURING here in the Willamette Valley at this very moment, so I guess it's time to get out the watercolor paints, snuggle up with Buttonwillow, and since it's dark and cold outside, I'll just imagine walking in the rain for now.

What are your favorite rainy day activities?

Click on image above for more information about "Raindrops and Kitten No. 4".

1 comment:

Mary Pat Alexander said...

Rain has been so scarce here in Texas that when we do get a sprinkle, it's cause for a celebration! Lil Girl and I love to paint, too...just the sound of the raindrops is so relaxing. I just wish Lil Girl wouldn't put her paws in the red paint...I'm a porcelain painter and oils are a bit messy on kitty paws...especially the red which seems to be her favorite color! >^..^<