June 20, 2011

Welcome Summer! Introducing The First Of A New Series

I'M CELEBRATING SUMMER WITH SOME BRAND NEW ART!

I'm excited to introduce the first in a series of illustrations called "Gardenkeepers". Inspired by my own horticultural adventures in my humble posy patch and greenhouse, I am working on 12 new images that depict the joys of tilling the soil, sowing seeds of happiness and going green. Each illustration will feature a different gardenkeeper girl enjoying the beauty and wonder of Mother Nature with help from a furry friend or two.

The first of the series is "Gardenkeeper Carletta" and her garden tool shed. It's hard to start a posey patch if you don't have the right tools and a place to keep them! When summer arrives, I think of citrus-y colors: lime, lemon, orange, pink grapefruit and I wanted to incorporate them into this piece.

Here is my initial sketch in pencil on graph paper:
I then used waterproof Micron pens to draw the black and white outlines on my watercolor paper, then painted the details with watercolor paints. Once the image was scanned into my computer, I added a solid blue sky using my very favorite color at the moment: turquoise-aqua-Caribbean-sky-blue! You can read more about Gardenkeeper Carletta and her garden helpers in last week's post: Story Time With Captain Wheeler Von Barrow IV



Here is the finished artwork, now available as a print in my Etsy Shop:


It's an 8 x 10" inkjet print on high quality matte photo paper, printed with Epson Durabrite Ultra inks. The print will be signed by me. [NOTE: the image in the listing is low resolution --rest assured, your print will be crisp and detailed]. You can pop it into a standard size 8 x 10" frame. It's an easy way to brighten up a child's room or surprise your favorite cat lady or garden goddess.

There are three variations also available in print form (click on each image for more information):

The Garden Shed

Wheelbarrow Cat (Captain Wheeler Von Barrow IV)

and "Invitation to a Wheelbarrow Ride"


Enjoy!





as seen on: Todays Creative Blog

1 comment:

moonsword said...

So supercute...you are so inspiring! Have a sunshiney day!