October 28, 2010

Wendy's 3-D cats

Meet Domino, Dylan, and gentle giant Dante. According to Cat Lady Wendy, her three darling D’s "are larger than life – 3-D to the max! "

watercolor painting copyright 2010 Susan Faye


Wendy shares their story:

"The first 'D' to cross our doorstep was Domino, a little tuxedo ladycat with the feistiest personality I’d ever encountered. Domino had been abandoned by my son’s roommate, so rather than taking her to the shelter, I told my son to bring her to me. She was ridden with fleas and malnourished and at one year of age had already had a litter of her own. I took her to the vet as soon as possible, and she was ‘fixed’ from head to toe.

"Next came Dante, who is a male red classic tabby Maine Coon. My beloved Tommy had just passed away and I wanted another red kitty, so this time I ordered one up from the Lacocoon Cattery in Lacolle, Quebec. Maine Coons are a very gentle breed, and Dante is no different. They are also very large, and Dante lived up to his genetics, reaching a maximum of 21 lbs. of solid muscle and flowing long fur.

"Dylan came our way when my brother’s cat unexpectedly had five kittens. After four months, he hadn’t managed to find homes for any of them, so I took Dylan, who is a male cream tabby, and found a home for one of his sisters right next door. Dylan is very much the pesky little brother.

"And the hierarchy in our home remains in the same order as their arrivals. Domino’s the boss!"

You'll find some adorable photos of Her Highness Princess Domino today on the 3-D Cats Blog: Wendy's 3-D Cats

Enjoy!

No comments: