September 21, 2010

Today is The International Day of Peace


It's a long held belief that cats and dogs are natural enemies. And yet, as many pet owners can tell you, it IS possible to be peaceable. In many households across the land, canines and felines have formed countless truces and have even forged loving and enduring friendships.

The International Day of Peace was established by the UN General Assembly in 1981 for 'commemorating and strengthening the ideals of peace within and among all nations and people.' Twenty years later, the General Assembly decided that 21 September would be observed annually as a 'day of global ceasefire and non-violence' and invited all Member States, organizations and individuals to commemorate the day, including through education and public awareness, and to cooperate with the United Nations in the establishment of a global ceasefire.

What will you do today to bring peace into our world?


Special Offer: Send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope to this address: Susan Faye Peace Print, P.O. Box 145, Willamina, OR 97396 and receive a mini print (4" x 6") of the poster pictured above, suitable for framing!

4 comments:

snippetgirl said...

Love this piece for peace :)! I need to think of something to do in honor of the day before it ends!!! Thank you for bringing awareness to it. Goodness knows, we certainly need to focus on being more peaceable with each other. It seems like people are filled with so much anger and hate these days. It is disheartening, so we must at least conduct our own lives with kindness and empathy and a gentle spirit.

Debbie said...

I thank God every day that my dogs and cats live together peacefully. It's almost like they are one species. They even accept my foster cats!

Love your poster!

Catherine said...

A beautiful post today Susan Faye! I will do my part to ensure peace ~ if only in my little circle of the world.

I received my print yesterday ~ and it is even more beautiful then I had anticipated ~ I love it!!! Thank you so so much! I am going to get a frame for it this weekend, take it to work for a few days to show it off (we have a lot of cat lovers at work!) and then I am going to hang it in my craft room where I can look and enjoy it and get inspired while working on my crafts. I truly do love it so much. Thank you again.

I am going to put a post about it on Friday.

Have a beautiful peaceful day Susan Faye!
xo Catherine

TrüSka said...

What a beautiful drawing! I feel like going home and give lots of love to my cats and dogs! I haven't photograph them in a very long time! I'll do this today thanks to you! Kisses from Portugal : ***