March 10, 2010

Vacation Alert!

I recently realized that, with the exception of a few 3-day jaunts last summer, I have not gone on a vacation trip for almost a year-and-a-half. It's definitely time to correct that situation! An opportunity to drive cross-country with a friend presented itself recently, so---- I'm heading out on a road trip next week to see what adventures await out on the open highway!

Traveling always leads to some logistical problems to solve--the big one being: What about the cats? I don't know who is more traumatized by separation anxiety --the pet owner or the pet. I had one cat who would not "speak" to me for about 12 hours after my return from a trip, purposely turning her back to me and giving me the cold shoulder. Eventually, she wouldn't be able to stand it any longer, and suddenly all would be forgiven and she would be all over me with head-butts and purrs...Luckily my current cats will be in good hands during my absence!

As for business, I will be closing my Etsy shop for 10 days from Sun. March 14 until Wed. March 24 . I will be completing my current line-up of orders, but I will not be able to take on any new custom orders until March 24. My Cafepress shops will remain open. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to send an email.

The deadline for ordering Mother's day custom portraits will be April 18th to allow time for the artwork to be finished and mailed in time to arrive before May 9th, so be sure to plan ahead!

How do YOU deal with separation anxiety when it comes to pets? Leave your comments at the end of this post.

Happy Trails to you!

No comments: