October 27, 2009

Cat Lady No. 296...Hummin' In the Rain

If ever Cat Lady Debbie is feeling a bit blue, all she has to do is hug kitten Chompers, get out her brightest umbrella, and hum a little bit of "Singin' In The Rain".

Debbie is not quite bold enough to sing it out loud with joyful glee and wild abandon, like Gene Kelly did. But she has been known to stomp through a splishy-splashy puddle or two and swing around a light pole when no one is looking...

Perhaps one day she will be slightly delirious (as Gene Kelly possibly was--he was coming down with a flu bug and had a high fever when the sequence was filmed) and she will bust out singing:

I'm singing in the rain, Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin', I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds, So dark up above
The sun's in my heart,
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase, Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane With a happy refrain
Just singin', Singin' in the rain

Thanks for visiting!


Look at what Cat Lady and Etsy Seller ElleJays made out of some of my new quilt blocks!! I can't wait to see what else she comes up with!











1 comment:

Dena E's Blog said...

Wow, your ideas are fantastic and endless,very impressive!!! You're really blessed by God and make so many smile, thanks~~~
Hugs Dena