June 23, 2010

A Day At The Beach


Hi! Tina Tabby here, reporting from the road. Did you know that 99 out of 100 Cat Ladies who visit the Oregon Coastline think it's one of the prettiest places they've ever seen? (The other one percent were exposed to the movie "The Birds" at far too tender of an age and have a phobia about seagulls, or so I've heard...)

Last week I had the pleasure of visiting the Oregon Coast and got to meet one of my favorite Cat Ladies who was there on vacation, Cat Lady Katy. She just happens to be the Cat Lady of Paddy the Library Cat, my fellow columnist.

You can see me here
with Cat Lady Katy enjoying a beautiful
day and the sounds of the surf. Katy has been coming to this spot for family vacations for decades and had funny stories to tell about ravens eating donuts and about the time Mount St Helens had erupted. We did a little beachcombing and found the tiniest sand dollars I've ever seen. I decided they looked more like sand nickels.

Here is what the beach looked like where we found the sand nickels:

As you can guess from the sand dollars, bigger is not always better here in Oregon. In Depoe Bay you will find the World's Smallest Harbor (pictured here) and a little farther up the coast you'll find the World's Shortest River (D River) in Lincoln City.





You'll make plenty of new friends at the coast, like this Sea Hag and her drinking buddy...











...And this little juicy morsel that lives in the rocks on some cliffs.
..






















I had hoped to spy a whale out in the waves, but this was the only one I could find... Can you see me?







Oh oh. I hope I'm not going to get in trouble...I didn't see that sign until just now!


Thanks for coming along with me on this fun trip!

No comments: