May 10, 2010

Our New Columnist...Paddy the Library Cat

Introducing Paddy The Library Cat, a new columnist here at 365 Cat Ladies and Friends. Paddy was one of the special Library Cats featured in the February 2010 issue of Cat Fancy Magazine..

Hi, I'm Paddy! I was found on a very cold day in winter, abandoned on a rural highway. I was about 4 weeks old and pretty much dead. I had a horrid infection in my eye, and later, when I was 8 years old, I had to have that eye removed (That's OK, though). I am 11 years old now.

I am the Library Cat at Pacelli High School. I live with my Cat Lady Katy (who is the librarian at Pacelli High), her friend Cat Lady Deb, nine other cats and a couple of dogs, birds, fishies, and one rabbit!

I came to the lady's house on Valentine's day, 1999 and have been with her since then. I love people and dogs and cats and just about everything on Earth. I visit the library at least once a month and here are my duties:
  1. To bring a quiet and peaceful presence to the library
  2. To teach a little library history: for example, cats and libraries go way back to the ancient library in Alexandria where they were used to keep rodents away from the scarce and valuable texts.
  3. To be a "library magnet"; ie, attract reluctant learners who previously didn’t come to the library at all.
In the coming weeks, I'll tell you about my favorite books, and lots more. Thanks for visiting, and come back soon!

Paddy says:
Here is my philosophy for having a great library (and a great life too!)

focus
stay peaceful
don't panic




No comments: