September 21, 2011

The Planets May Re-Configure Now. Please.

I'm fairly certain that we've all experienced it: the planets align in some mysterious configuration and all hell breaks loose.

Suddenly one's life, or the life of a loved one, or the lives of everyone you've ever met are filled with turbulence, upheaval, calamity, or change. Sometimes it is good u
pheaval, like moving to a new apartment or starting a brand new business, or buying a new house. Sometimes it is challenging upheaval, such as a giant tree branch about to break loose and crush your house, or trying to stave off foreclosure, or the fear of not being able to drive any more, or dealing with life-threatening illnesses.

In the past four weeks or so, all of my loved ones have experienced one or more of the above. It's time for the planets to re-align! I'm ready for some calm. And I've lived long enough now that I know that calm will return all in good time.

I was recently inspired by the story of Cat Lady Judy and her pal Sushi. What would we do without our families and special buddies (in particular, those furry friends), during times of upheaval and change? Here is Judy's story:

"After living on Cape Cod for 29 years, raising two kids (both now in college in Boston), and managing Senator Kennedy's home in Hyannisport, I moved to New York City last year after going through a divorce. I decided to 'reinvent' myself, so here I am and I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my lovable Ragdoll cat, Sushi, to come home to!

"It's a very humbling experience walking the streets of New York, but there's nothing like having a pet who greets you at the door and won't leave your side :-)

"My daughter and I saw a magnet, 'I'm one bad relationship away from owning 30 cats!' and we had a good snicker over it. I actually have a positive attitude about what the future holds for me. I feel very
fortunate to have a good job, my health and the love of friends & family."

Who could ask for more? Thanks Judy!


2 comments:

Chrissykat said...

Purrs & peace to Judy & Sushi.

Amy Sisson said...

I recognize that tuxedo kitty and those planets and stars! I will ask my husband to re-align those planets for you.... :-)