September 18, 2010

Physical Phitness with Buttonwillow

So you discovered dark chocolate peanut butter cups over the summer, or perhaps you chowed down on one too many bags of Sun Chips because of your fascination with that impossibly crackly compostable bag. Never fear. Fitness guru Buttonwillow has a simple calisthenics routine that will help firm up any fluffy tummies.

(For those of you who are too young to have benefited from Physical Education programs at school, calisthenics is defined as "a form of dynamic exercise consisting of a variety of simple, often rhythmical, movements, generally using minimal equipment or apparatus.")

Ready to begin?

First find a comfortable place to sit and stretch your back paws out as far as they will go.


Now look to the left and stretch that leg out even further. C'mon, reach a little further. You can do it!


Even though you are feeling the burn, try to look stoic.


Now, reach out and try to touch the toes on your right footsie. Make it look easy like I do.


Next, look over your shoulder and touch your ear while you pivot your waist (if you can find your waist--mine seems to be awol at the moment...).


Now twist the other way and look over your left shoulder. Hold it to the count of one, two, three, four...

Does anyone know what comes after four?


Now reach back over to your toes on the right side. Oh the anguish. Just put your paw in your mouth to stifle any yelps that might alarm the neighbors .


Now try to touch both sets of toes at once! Have you worked up a sweat yet? Not me. I don't sweat. I glow. Ever-so-radiantly, don't you think?


Okay, one last reach for that right foot. I think you did it! Hooray for you!


It's time to collapse on the floor in a dramatic heap and take a cat nap. Go on, you deserve it!

Thanks for visiting!



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Buttonwillow, you are an inspiration! I promise to do your workout daily so I might glow as brightly as you!

Cat Lady Rita

Paula said...

What sweet photos! Buttonwillow is such a gorgeous girl.

Cat said...

Absolutely hilarious...um, er, I mean gruelling routine Buttonwillow! You will be in tip-top ladycat shape in no time :-)

Catherine said...

Haha ~ I love it! Thank you for getting me up and stretching for I have been sitting at the computer too much and lovely ice cream keeps taunting me. You are very inspirational Buttonwillow!

Have a beautiful weekend sweet kitty!
xo Catherine

Unknown said...

Dear Buttonwillow,

I have shared your photos of your workout with my Bartholomew in an attempt to inspire him. Alas, instead I do believe he has fallen tail over paws with you. He asked me to tell you, "Every inch of you is beautiful, just as you are."

Indeed you two do look as if you'd make a lovely couple.

TrüSka said...

So Lovely! And i Love the Ending : D

Karen and Gerard said...

I do believe this is the funniest post about fitness/exercising that I have ever seen! Will twitter this, bookmark it on Delicious and mention it on my Friday "Things I Learned This Week" post at www.zemeks.blogspot.com and add it to "Saturday Samplings" at Half Past Kissin' Time.

I must become a follower now!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

my tummy feels tighter already!
Let us know when your dvd comes out, it will sell like hotcakes.... mmmmm hotcakes.
Thanks for sharing your wisdom Buttonwillow!!

bonks!

Oh cool!!!: my word verification is wiskiva. I think you are indeed a wiskiva!

Marla said...

How absolutely darling!!

Anonymous said...

That was hysterical...Buttonwillow is an exercise diva. What a star! I shall start her regime tomorrow.