February 9, 2013

Calling All Creative Crafty Cat Ladies!

Do you love fabric as much as I do? My very first real job was working at the House of Fabrics.  I won't say how many decades ago that was.  I loved to sew, and I was like a kid in a candy store.  I loved the feel of the fabric, I loved the smell of the fabric, and most of all I loved the colors and patterns on the fabric.  I often wondered how one got to be one of the  mysterious, nameless lucky ducks who designed all of those beautiful textiles.

Fast forward that unspoken number of decades. A few years ago I discovered the fledgling company called SpoonflowerThrough their new service an artist could format artwork to certain specifications, send it off into the internet void, and a couple of weeks later, a yard or two of professionally printed fabric would arrive in the mailbox.  It was a dream come true!

It was the kid in the candy store thing all over again. I went wild transforming my artwork into fabric catnip toys, brooches, lavender sachets, bookmarks, and more, and I have thoroughly enjoyed sending my fabric creations off into the world via my Etsy shop


                                But why should I have all the fun? 
              It's time to spread the joy throughout the land! 



 I am now offering my "I heart Cats" fabric squares for sale on Etsy. Use them for appliques, pockets, small goody bags, a baby or child's quilt, a wall hanging, or lavender sachets like these: 


Each square measures 4.5 " x 6". (Which means that if you use a 1/4" hem or seam allowance all around, you will have a 4" x 5.5" finished piece). The actual printed area is 2.5" x 4".













My artwork has been printed on Kona Cotton premium quilting weight fabric and is ideal for quilting and sewing, with a soft hand and smooth surface.




* Estimated shrinkage 2%
* Machine wash warm or cool using phosphate-free detergent
(note: designer name and copyright symbol appears on each block as pictured)



So get those crafty cat lady creative juices flowing and leave your bright ideas in the comments section. For example, devoted rescue-cat-foster-mom Rosie of Maryland recently purchased one of each square to make a quilt that she will donate to a fundraising auction for the animal rescue she works with called Charm City Animal Rescue (www.charmcityanimalrescue.com).  Isn't that a great idea?  She has promised to send a photo of the finished project which I can't wait to see!

To see my assortment of fabric craft squares, click here: Fabric Squares.  And stay tuned-- I'll be adding new ones in the weeks and months to come!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: