October 8, 2011

365 Cat Ladies Revisited

Over the past few weeks I've been pleasantly surprised at how many Cat Ladies are already picking out holiday gifts for their special somebodies, and tucking them away until that special day.

With that in mind, I've been re-stocking my Etsy shop and have decided to offer up the remaining mini paintings from my 365 Cat Ladies ACEO collection, a few of which are pictured here. You'll find tabbies, himmys, tuxies, persians, black cats, and ginger kitties; blondes, brunettes, and silver-haired goddesses-- every kind of cat and cat lady that I could think of...

You might remember that in 2009 I had the crazy idea of painting one Cat Lady for each day of the year, and then featured them on this very blog. About 100 of those that I posted were commissioned custom portraits. The other 200 were fanciful cat ladies from my imagination, painted in ACEO (Art Card Editions and Originals) format, which means that the artwork size is 2.5" x 3.5", the size of a baseball card.

Each is hand-painted on super-heavy Arches 300-lb. acid-free cold-press watercolor paper with professional quality watercolor paints. They are artist-initialed on front, signed, dated, and titled on back. ACEO art is a super affordable way to collect, share and enjoy original art!

These mini paintings are adorable when matted and framed, or displayed on an easel!


I'll be adding more, and highlighting some of my favorites over the coming weeks. Please visit this link to see those that are currently available.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Very pretty! Now I am feeling Christmasy!! ;)

Happy Weekend to you!
xo Catherine