July 7, 2011

How Do I Love Thee, Lavender? Let Me Count The Ways...


I love lavender.

I love using the color
lavender.

artwork copyright Susan Faye 2010

I love
lavender fields.
photo copyright Susan Faye 2010

I love growing lavender

photo copyright Susan Faye 2010

And I love the way lavender smells.

photo copyright Susan Faye 2010

That's why I love the Oregon Lavender Festival so much.

It will take place this weekend in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. Dozens of lavender farms will open up their gates to the public for tours, plus there will be an art festival in the quaint town of Yamhill -- The Yamhill Lavender Festival and Plein Air Art Show, where I will be selling my lavender sachets and other goodies with many other vendors and horticulturists.

If you are in the neighborhood and love
lavender as much as I do, stop by the art festival andor tour some of the lavender farms. You can pick your own bouquets, try some lavender lemonade, watch plein air painters, purchase lavender plants and enjoy the kind of euphoria-producing aromatherapy that will send you directly to cloud nine.

For more information about the art festival, please visit the
Yamhill Lavender Festival website.


If you would like to tour some of the lavender farms, click here:
Oregon Lavender Festival



2 comments:

Michael said...

I love the smell of lavender for sure the smell of the air in that place is very relaxing...

Kimia Kline said...

lavender is my absolute favorite smell! it is so relaxing and always calms my spirits.