World Vegetarian Day was founded by The North American Vegetarian Society in 1977, hoping to raise awareness of the benefits of a meat-free diet.
Not ready to give up meat, you say? How about trying it just one day a week to start out? Here are some benefits of eating less meat:
• Reducing the risk of major killers such as heart disease, strokes and cancers while cutting exposure to foodborne pathogens;
• Providing a viable answer to feeding the world’s hungry through more efficient use of grains and other crops;
• Saving animals from suffering in factory-farm conditions and from the pain and terror of slaughter;
• Conserving vital but limited freshwater, fertile topsoil and other precious resources;
• Preserving irreplaceable ecosystems such as rainforests and other wildlife habitats that are being converted to livestock ranching;
• Decreasing greenhouse gases that are accelerating global warming;
For great tips and recipes to get you started, visit these links:
Garden Girl and Tabby is my newest glass pendant design, now available in my online Etsy Shop !
I'm also having a Clearance Sale. Check out all of my discounted items at this link: SALE SALE SALE!