February 8, 2010

CCCCLC Member Spotlight...Cat Lady Jana

Meet Cat Lady Jana, proprietress of Colorado Catnip Toys and newest member of the Card-Carrying Crazy Cat Lady Club!

Jana and her team of five expert assistants (who also happen to be fluffy felines) create colorful catnip toys, mats and quilts. Jana tells us:

"Organic catnip from the health food store is used in all my products, It is has a lasting aroma and carries an extra punch...I use the finest fabrics from the quilt shops because of the higher thread count and the fabric holds the colors after many washings. All fabric is 100% cotton (unless otherwise stated)."


It seems Jana was born to be a cat lady. "All but one of my 'kids' were orphans. I raised one from a kitten, and the others I have acquired for one reason or another. I have had cats all my life. Raised on a farm, my day had the cows, my sister had the horses, my two brothers had the dogs, I had the cats, and of course, my mother had all the animals, a husband and four kids to raise."

You'll find her delightful creations in her Etsy Shop: Colorado Catnip Toys

[Editor's note: Consumer reporter Buttonwillow put two of Jana's catnip toys to the test and gave them a big paws up as she merrily bounced off the walls and performed her wide-eyed "I am the tiger that's going to eat you" routine.]

It's easy to join the Card-Carrying Crazy Cat Lady Club! The membership kit includes a personalized I.D. Card, a members-only pinback button, Club Guidelines, and Club Creed. Gift memberships may also be purchased--just provide name, city, and hair color of the recipient.


Attention Cat Ladies and Lads! Do you have news to share? Send it to art@undertheoaks.net with "365 Cat Lady News" in the subject line.

No comments: