Here are their tips about walking to school:
- Make sure your child's walk to a school is a safe route with well-trained adult crossing guards at every intersection.
- Be realistic about your child's pedestrian skills. Because small children are impulsive and less cautious around traffic, carefully consider whether or not your child is ready to walk to school without adult supervision.
- If your child is young or is walking to new school, walk with them the first week to make sure they know the route and can do it safely.
- Bright colored clothing will make your child more visible to drivers.
- In neighborhoods with higher levels of traffic, consider starting a “walking school bus,” in which an adult accompanies a group of neighborhood children walking to school.
Thanks for visiting!
This "Bookworms" design can be found on a variety of gifts and apparel at my Cafepress online gift shop:
Library Cat No. 12
Purrfect for back to school, this Wire-O bound, 160 page journal has your choice of papers and measures 5" x 8", a handy on-the-go size to fit in your backpack.
- Back cover made of thin black flexible textured plastic, measures 16/1000" thick
- Front cover made of 12pt glossy paper, laminated for durability
- Filled with your choice of 60lb bookweight (24 lb bond) paper -- blank, dot grid, lined college-ruled, or a task journal.